One creative cup available.
Job type: Permanent
Closing date for applications Friday 4 March 2022.
Rooftop is looking for a graphic designer to join our team and deliver work with purpose.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER PROFILE
Under the supervision of the Executive Creative Director the Graphic Designer will be responsible for designing and adding life to concepts across diverse applications for campaigns and projects. The Graphic Designer will work closely with a tight community of Art Directors, Copywriters, Strategists, and Project Leads to deliver to the objectives of the briefs, ensuring that the team’s creative efforts are impactful. The role will be based in Gqeberha (Port Elizabeth).
This Graphic Designer will create design applications that consider the tone, style and structure of content based on client’s requirements. You will have the ability to deliver exciting design that brings concepts and ideas to life with impact across numerous touch points, that assist in exceeding the client’s expectations, and translate strategies and concepts into innovative and impressive design that impact on target audiences.
- Bring Big Ideas/Concepts to life through your design ability.
- Apply the design application of concepts to be rolled out into 360 campaign applications
including print, out of home, social media, moving graphics, video, reports and publications etc.
- Interact with project teams to ensure tone, style and structure support the concept.
- Develop impactful new business and pitch submissions that aid in securing new campaigns and projects
- Minimum five+ years of experience in a Graphic Design role
- A relevant qualification in Graphic Design will be advantageous
- Design and produce outstanding creative work within the scope of the campaign brief and beyond.
- Work with Art Director, Copywriter and Executive Creative Director to interpret briefs and deliver fresh ideas.
- Lead the craft of an idea across multiple applications.
- Be able to mock-up creative ideas and define the overall aesthetic of campaigns.
- A keen attention to detail.
- Finely honed design skills and latest techniques.
- Strong on running and meeting tight deadlines and can work under pressure.
- Ability to see if the design addresses the communication objectives.
- Ability to create flexible designs for further expansion across various applications from print to out of home, moving graphics and social media/digital.
- Fully literate in all the latest design software: Adobe CS (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Conceptual skills will be an advantage
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work and multi-task.
- The ability to work as part of a team or individually.
If you don’t hear from us within two weeks after the closing date, you can consider your application as unsuccessful.